Use the File menu to create and manage EFT files.
The options under the File menu are:
New EFT File
To create a new EFT file:
- Select New Viewer Set from under the File menu, or click on the New Viewer Set toolbar button.
- If you had an EFT file open when you clicked on New Viewer Set, you will be prompted to save any changes and then the file will close.
- A new Viewer form will open on your screen.
- You can click on the Save Viewer Set toolbar button (or select Save Viewer Set under the File menu) at any point hereafter to create the EFT File. *.eft files save criteria selections, and can be sent to other EFT users, or re-used during future analysis sessions.
Open and Close
Use these options for existing EFT files on your computer.
To open an existing EFT file:
- Select Open from under the File menu, or click on the Open Viewer Set toolbar button.
- Navigate to and select the *.eft file you wish to use, and click Open.
- If you had an EFT file open when you clicked on Open Viewer Set, you will be prompted to save any changes; the file will close and the new file will open.
Close EFT files using the File | Close Viewer Set option rather than by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner of each open form. If you close a form with the "X", and then save when you close the file, that form will be deleted from the file.
Save and Save As
Use the File | Save Viewer Set option to save newly created EFT files, and to save any changes you make to existing EFT files. Use the File | Save Viewer Set As option to save an open EFT file under a different name, i.e., make a copy of the file that can be edited. *.eft files save a number of criteria selections, and can be sent to other EFT users, or re-used during future analysis sessions.
An EFT file saves:
- the Viewer forms you have added
- Annual or Roll-Up views of output for selected criteria
- EFT criteria (scenarios, indicators, years) selections
- Viewer form names (which can be changed by right-clicking the title bar of each Viewer form)
- report types chosen (on the Select Reports form)
- form positioning on the screen